Hey Atlanta Ccer's

Decorating By victoriacakery Updated 21 Oct 2009 , 1:42pm by mlwideman

victoriacakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victoriacakery Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:15am
post #1 of 15

I'm taking a class with Nicholas Lodge next week. I thought I might check out cake supply stores. Can you recommend any? There are none here in Minnesota except Michaels. Paying for shipping on bulk items can get pricey. I'm driving, so I'll have room to pick things up. TIA

14 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:22am
post #2 of 15

I'm just south of Atlanta. Unfortunately, the only good store we had down here closed recently. I order everything online now.

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:42am
post #3 of 15

http://www.cakeart.com/store/default.asp in Tucker, Ga, not far from Stone Mountain. I hear the angels sing when I walk into this place! ha ha!

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 2:21am
post #4 of 15

Cake art is awesome a little more expensive than online sites,but its so nice to see what you are buying.I love this store!

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 15

Yes - Cake Art is wonderful and is only about 5 miles from ISAC. ISAC has marvelous supplies, too, so set up your home equity loan before you go icon_lol.gif

SucreSucre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SucreSucre Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:12pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmoser

Yes - Cake Art is wonderful and is only about 5 miles from ISAC. ISAC has marvelous supplies, too, so set up your home equity loan before you go icon_lol.gif

LOL icon_biggrin.gif When I go into ISAC I go with cash only, and a pre-determined amount. If not, dum dum dum... I'll end up having to mortgage off my dog, or borrow my kids allowance, or beg and plead with the hubby, or....wait a minute, I'm on a roll here. I might be making a trip to the city after all!! icon_biggrin.gif

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:46pm
post #7 of 15

What is ISAC??

mlwideman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlwideman Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:52pm
post #8 of 15

I love both ISAC (store where you are taking your class) and Cake Art. I just took a class at ISAC this past weekend with my all time favorite cake artist Mike McCarey. I like ISAC best of the two stores because they have more silicone molds, veiners, and flower cutters than Cake Art does. Cake Art has a limited supply of gumpaste flower making supplies (while ISAC is known for their sugar flowers). One advantage Cake Art has over ISAC is the amount of cake pans they carry. So really it depends on what type of products you are wanting to buy.

One thing I love about taking classes at ISAC is they have a basket with every student's name on it and a wall of all the products used during class that are available for purchase.

mlwideman Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 6:08pm
post #9 of 15

ISAC stands for International Sugar Art Collection. It is located in Norcross, GA where Nicholas Lodge teaches his classes and has a cake supply store.

SucreSucre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SucreSucre Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 6:17pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedist

What is ISAC??

International Sugar Art Collection
http://www.nicholaslodge.com/

Lots and lots of great products!!!! Love going to the store, as I said earlier, I could do some real damage in there if I'm not careful icon_lol.gif , they have such a wide selection.

blessedist Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:19pm
post #11 of 15

THANK YALL!!! icon_biggrin.gif

dtour620 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dtour620 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 11:56pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

I'm just south of Atlanta. Unfortunately, the only good store we had down here closed recently. I order everything online now.

I recently learned about cake art too icon_smile.gif I'm near Warm Springs, Ga, wish it were closer! icon_smile.gif

victoriacakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victoriacakery Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 12:09am
post #13 of 15

Thanks for all the great advise. I'm sure I'll max out every plastic card I have. I hope my husband does find out before I go. He might close all my accounts. tapedshut.gif I didn't know ISAC had a lot of items. Their website is rather skimpy. I'm so excited. icon_biggrin.gif

blessedist Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 12:52am
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriacakery

Thanks for all the great advise. I'm sure I'll max out every plastic card I have. I hope my husband does find out before I go. He might close all my accounts. tapedshut.gif I didn't know ISAC had a lot of items. Their website is rather skimpy. I'm so excited. icon_biggrin.gif

I thought the same thing, that's why I didn't know there was a store

mlwideman Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:42pm
post #15 of 15

Yes ISAC has a lot of stuff. Everything from metal cutters for flowers, Patchwork Cutters (every one imaginable), silicone molds and veiners, candy molds and supplies, the premium fondants, etc. You can go crazy in there. I have to try to set a budget every time I am there. It is hard though because I want one of everything!!

Cake Art is a party store so besides any cake pan you can think of, they have party ware for birthdays, baby and bridal showers, cake drums, masonite boards, candy supplies, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%