Poo...they Changed The Date.. Please Help

Decorating By YouTakeTheCake Updated 20 Oct 2009 , 2:13am by LaBellaFlor

YouTakeTheCake Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 12:34am
post #1 of 5

Can anyone please tell me how long will a fully decorated cake (buttercream) keep in the refrigerator.... The party planner forgot to call me to tell me the party was moved from tonight until saturday and here I sit with a fully decorated cake! Do you think it will still be ok????
Please Please Advise????
I would just make it over and charge her for it however I already have 2 cakes to do for Saturday!!!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_cry.gif Not really sure what to do???

Thanks for your advice!
Jackie

4 replies
leah_s Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 12:37am
post #2 of 5

Monday until Saturday? I wouldn't. And why is it in the refrigerator?

prterrell Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:27am
post #3 of 5

Can you freeze it?

indydebi Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:47am
post #4 of 5

why are you holding the cake for her? She ordered a cake for today, she needs to pick up the cake today. Storing it is now HER problem since SHE forgot to tell you. It can sit in her freezer same as it can sit in yours and you use YOURS for YOUR family and YOUR business .... not as a free storage area for nit wit clients.

LaBellaFlor Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 2:13am
post #5 of 5

What Indy said. I would not serve the cake. I would make the planner pick it up and let her deal with the client. In fact, I would be calling my client to come get the cake. Does she even know what's going on? She is about to get a stale cake. Let her know her cake is ready, it will not be fresh, due to the planners error. You will be willing to make another one, so they have a fresh cake, but they will have to pay for another cake. That planner REALLY drop the ball and your client should know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%