Help Help Help: Shoe Laces For Gymshoe Cake

Decorating By cakinallday Updated 28 Oct 2009 , 8:34am by deliciously_decadent

cakinallday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakinallday Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 5

I'm going to do a gymshoe cake for my daughter for party on Sunday, but I can't figure out how to make the shoe strings have the "laced" look icon_cry.gif . Please help me!!!!! icon_smile.gif Thanks in advance.... icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 12:19am
post #2 of 5

Basically you can just criss cross fondant strips. You can roll out some fondant and use a pizza cutter to cut strips the width of the laces, that is, if you're thinking of making flat laces as opposed to round. (I have a pasta cutter that cuts out multiple strips at once. I use it for everything!) Make some shoe "eyelets" from fondant with a #10 decorating tip and use a smaller tip to cut out the inside hole. Place these on the shoe. When you criss cross the laces, tuck them down inside the "hole". Does this help at all? And have a real gym shoe handy to look at (along with a nose clip) icon_lol.gif

cakinallday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakinallday Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 2:11am
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much! I'm in the middle of working on my daughter's cake righgt now. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 1:07pm
post #4 of 5

You could use a claygun, too.

Jen icon_smile.gif

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 8:34am
post #5 of 5

cut spaghettit strips from fondant and criss cross them up the shoe icon_smile.gif make sure you pink the veryends into a thin cylinder to mimick the platic coated ends of laces, makes them look really realistc!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%