Has Wilton Changed Their Pans?

Decorating By ttehan4 Updated 20 Oct 2009 , 2:11pm by jillangel

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 10:41pm
post #1 of 5

I bought a set of the hexagon pans today and just baked off my first round of tiers (only bought one set..no coupon..lol) and they are so flimsy that I almost bent the pan just holding it to dry it off! It was flexing like crazy. I think the pans I had in my easy bake oven were heavier!

This is also my first hexagon cake - ugh! Wish me luck!

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 12:45am
post #2 of 5

They've always been pretty flimsy. I had the 3D Pooh collapse in my oven. Yes, the PAN collapsed. What a mess.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:25am
post #3 of 5

Yep - I have that set also and it is really flimsy. Much more so than any of my bought-individually Wilton pans. Maybe they think we won't notice the difference if they're wrapped in plastic when we buy them! icon_rolleyes.gif

Hope your cake turns out ok.

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:10pm
post #4 of 5

I think this set is thinner than any other set I have ever owned. I wonder if magic line makes a hexagon set. Im sure they probably do. If I ever do another hex I think I will invest in a different brand.

My cakes all look like they have baked wierd. My six inch tier went completely through the cooling rack. The rack was in the middle of the tier. Yet, another tier from the same batch of batter is fine. Wierd huh!

jillangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangel Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 2:11pm
post #5 of 5

I've really searched and couldn't find Magic Line hexagon pans online anywhere. Would love to know if they make them. I do have a full set of Fat Daddio's hexagon pans I am very happy with. Very sturdy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%