Baby Converse Form/mold??

Decorating By forthwife Updated 19 Oct 2009 , 10:04pm by forthwife

forthwife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forthwife Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 5

I read and reread stellastarchild's tutorial and am confused!! I *think* the salt dough is for making a mold/form for the shoe to dry. I am however unsure what the mold/form is supposed to look like. Also should I make this out of GP or GP/Fondant mix? Thank you very much in advance. Also, if you've made one yourself, post or link your picture!

Sincerely,

Arainna Forth

4 replies
forthwife Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 5

Forgot to ask. Once the dough mold is in there, how do you get it out???

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 5

I would like to know too!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 5

yes, the salt dough recipe is to make a mold........I made mine look like a little baby booty........like a baby's foot without toes, basically the same shape I wanted the shoe in the end only smaller. I made the form using the outline of the bottom of the shoe, making sure it would fit nicely within the lines of the pattern (hope that makes sense)

Once you bake the dough form and it's hard, you use it to hold the gumpaste in the shape......you're not attaching the top of the shoe to the bottom of the shoe, just laying the top portions on the form so they dry in the shape.....then once they're hardened I glued the bottom sole onto the shoe. Does that make sense? So you're not actually having the dough form inside of the shoe while it's drying.
These things are a pain........I still wasn't happy with mine in the end (I thought they could have been done a little neater)........but the look on the mother's face receiving them was priceless.......she still has them too, and shows them to everyone who will look LOL.

HEre's mine
LL

forthwife Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 10:04pm
post #5 of 5

Ok, I think I get it. The form is just to shape the shoe, but not used once the shoe is dry and ready to be put together. (In my mind you put it together around the mold.) Thank you for your help. Any other comments would be greatly appreciated (tips, helps, encouragement etc.).

Thanks!

Arainna Forth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%