Are Magic Line Pan Sides Exactly Straight?

Decorating By emlashlee Updated 20 Oct 2009 , 3:53pm by Peridot

emlashlee Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 11

I need to get a new square cake pan and have heard rave reviews about Magic Line. However, my local store only carries the Calphalon Commercial square and rectangles. I noticed that the sides of the pan angle out a bit. The owner said this is because they want the pans to be able to nest on store shelves. So, the cake would still need a little trimming on the sides to make it straight. Are the Magic Line pans like this?

10 replies
PennySue Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 8:18pm
post #2 of 11

No, they are straight. I love Magic Line. They are the only pans I have.

grandmom Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 11

Just last week I got in an order for all new pans, round, square and oblong - all Magic Line. The sides are all perfectly straight. I keep taking them out to play with them.

emlashlee Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 12:54am
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennySue

No, they are straight. I love Magic Line. They are the only pans I have.

Thanks for your advice! icon_smile.gif

emlashlee Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 12:55am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmom

Just last week I got in an order for all new pans, round, square and oblong - all Magic Line. The sides are all perfectly straight. I keep taking them out to play with them.

Grandmom - I think I should just pm you from now on. You've answered all of my questions today. LOL! Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Mensch Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:16am
post #6 of 11

I love my ML pans. I won't buy anything else.

xstitcher Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 6:54am
post #7 of 11

Here's a link with pics showing you the comparison between FD and ML pans and cakes that were baked in them:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=584463&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

I love my ML's too!

Peridot Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:08pm
post #8 of 11

The only ML pans I have are the square and I used them for the first time a week ago. WOW! Cakes came out great, baked soooo evenly and yes, the sides are straight.

Grandmom - can you please tell me where you ordered your ML pans from? I checked Jesters as that is where I got my square ones from but they do not have 2" round in the size I want. Which is nothing new as they don't have half of what they show on their website.

emlashlee Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:20pm
post #9 of 11

Wow! That photo comparison was neat. I guess my Christmas list is expanding...

grandmom Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:51pm
post #10 of 11

Peridot,

I bought most of my pans at www. cooksdream . com. They have a very nice selection. I got the even and odd 2" rounds from 6-16, the squares from 6-16, and three oblongs. I at first did not order the 2, 3, 4 , 5 rounds then regretted it and found those four in a mini-tier set at Amazon.

When I entered prices from several sites in a spreadsheet, CooksDream came out the least expensive overall. Anyone ordering a bunch should try a discount code of UB15.

Peridot Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:53pm
post #11 of 11

THANK YOU GRANDMOM!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%