Bridal Show Literature

Business By Lenette Updated 20 Oct 2009 , 1:35am by CakeForte

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 6

I know this info is out there but I keep getting an error with the search function.

I am wondering what kind of literature you take to a bridal show? Do you just do biz cards? If you do brochures or pamphlets what kinds of info do you include? Are there photos on there?

Thank you for any help with this. I am trying to make final decisions on a show in a couple weeks. icon_smile.gif

5 replies
cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 6

Im thinking both, So you can maybe feature some of your cakes on the brochure,

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 6

ive gone to shows as a looker. u need a business card (i like the post cards actually, not so easy to lose! and more space for a couple of pics too).
im more likely to look you up online than really read anything fancy. i think its just to give people your name, site and something to make them think you are worth looking up.
xx

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 10:30pm
post #4 of 6

At the bridal show here, I just take my business cards. (Those are a must have). That's because the venue gives all brides a booklet that has a full page ad for all vendors. In my ad there are several of my cakes on there. Of course, this was included in my cost to pay to be in the show. But I didn't want to pay another $200 to have brochures made, when I can give the bride a business card and say, "My website is on there. You can see all of my flavors, my pricing, and some more pictures!"

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 6

I usually just do biz cards. I want them at my website.

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:35am
post #6 of 6

Save your money. Your goals at bridal shows should be to network with other vendors, and get the brides that talk to you to give you their info so you can follow up.
Printed literature usually ends up in the recycle bin.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%