Good Quality Ball Tool

Decorating By babeebk Updated 20 Oct 2009 , 2:53am by BlakesCakes

babeebk Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 10

I gave up on my Wilton ball tool (the one that comes with the Class 3 kit) several months ago because of the seam that would often snag my thin petals. I tried to sculpy ones (love the small one) but I need something larger with a thicker, more sturdy handle. I often see the pros using a large metal ball tool, with a wooden handle.

I'd like to get one but I need some recommendations. What brand/style of ball tool do you use? Is it any good? What is the diameter of each ball end? Where can it be purchased? Thanks in advance folks! icon_smile.gif

9 replies
nannie Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 10

I feel your pain. icon_cry.gif

I almost gave up sugar flowers because of that tool.

I bought this one:

and love, love it. Best investment I've made.

Loucinda Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 10

I have a tendancy towards carpal tunnel, and I was thrilled to find these at ICES! They are very lightweight - and work like a charm. She has them made - I don't know by who, but they are made of acrylic and weigh nothing.

nannie Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 10

wow, Cindy, she does beautiful flowers so lifelike

Loucinda Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 5:11pm
post #5 of 10

She is also the one who came up with the crystal colors - very nice lady! (we want her to come to our Ohio DOS to teach!) icon_wink.gif

forthwife Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 8:09pm
post #6 of 10

There is an AWESOME ball tool three pack made by Sculpy clay. It's in their Donna Dewberry collection. It retails about $9 for all three. Sold at both Michael's and JoAnn's.

diane706 Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 10:12pm
post #7 of 10
Originally Posted by Loucinda

She is also the one who came up with the crystal colors - very nice lady! (we want her to come to our Ohio DOS to teach!) icon_wink.gif

Okay, now I gotta know about these crystal colors. I've seen it mentioned a couple of times on CC. I checked out the website that you posted but it really doesn't describe the product. BTW, those acrylic ball tools are very cool.

Rylan Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 10:17pm
post #8 of 10

Oh yes, the crystal colors are wonderful. There is also another FDA appove dusts from Sugar Art.

crazydoglady Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 11:42pm
post #9 of 10

i can't tell by looking at the website what the crystal colors are. the colors are beautiful. could someone post what qualities the colors have. tia

BlakesCakes Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 2:53am
post #10 of 10

I have an all metal ball tool with a thicker barrel than the one Marcella Sanchez sells. I honestly can't remember where I bought it, but it's my favorite.

I also have a PME ball tool that I really like--smooth, lightweight, easy to clean, bright yellow handle that is easy to spot in a mix of tools & brushes, and cheap. Eliminate the spaces below.

country kitchensa . com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&productId=628157

Quote by @%username% on %date%