Best Airbrush? (My Dh Wants To Get Me One!!)

Decorating By vagostino Updated 19 Oct 2009 , 2:53pm by vagostino

vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 1:02pm
post #1 of 5

Hi!
i know this has been asked before but i can't find any airbrush posts in the search!
My husband wants to get my an airbrush (probably because he feels guilty for taking me camping in freezing weahter last weekend)...I don't want to loose the momentum researching...i gotta tell him fast!
what airbrush should i tell him to get me?? what's the best as far as not clogging, even spray, etc???

thanks!!

4 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 5

I have 2 and my favorite by far is the GREX. (model TS3) I LOVE that thing!

vagostino Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 5

thanks!!! it looks great and it looks like it has a lot of options! where did you buy it?
also, what kind of colors work best with this airbrush?

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 2:50pm
post #4 of 5

I bought mine at ICES, I know Dick BLick sells some of the GREX models, but I don't know if they carry the one I have.

I love the Americolor airbrush colors. (they have a sheen set that I really like!) I am sure any of the airbrush colors will work fine though.

It is important to clean your brush each time you use it - with the sheen colors I even clean it every 3 fills to make sure it doesn't clog while I am using it.

vagostino Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 5

thanks! does it come with intstrucions as far as how to clean it? do you just load it with water or vodka etc till it comes clean?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%