Fondant Animals

Decorating By gabitusm Updated 19 Oct 2009 , 1:04pm by vagostino

gabitusm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabitusm Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 2:05am
post #1 of 5

First of all, I just want to say that this is a great site!!! I love it, and I love that all the members are willing to share their tips and ideas, making the rest of us better in what we do. It's awesome!

I am new to the site, and new to the world of cakes.

I have been looking for guidance on how to make fondant animals, I've never make one before, but no luck yet. I read in some of the threads here that there are tutorials, but I just can't find them.

Help please!!

Thank you very much!!

4 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 2:25am
post #2 of 5

Hi and welcome to CC......you'll soon become as addicted as the rest of us! icon_biggrin.gif

There is a member here by the name of "aine2"....if you search under "memberlist" for her name and go to her profile she has some tutorial links on her website.

Also I find a ton of tutorials by going to "google" and search for "youtube videos making fondant animals" or whatever else you need.

good luck!

gabitusm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabitusm Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 5:31am
post #3 of 5

Thank you!!

I search in youtube, and a lady, Rondalv, has 3 great tutorials.

Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 12:46pm
post #4 of 5

I agree with dkelly-you must look up aine2. I used her youtube videos to make the dogs for my son's birthday cake and have used her techniques for the few other animals I have made. I have just started with the figure modeling, but I think hers have been the best videos I have found so far. Youtube has a lot of fondant and gumpaste videos and you can also google whatever you are looking for to find lots of help.

vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 1:04pm
post #5 of 5

Also, try searching for "clay animals" , the technique is the same and sometimes you can find more tutorials or different animals.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%