Mmf Shapes Do I Refrigerate Or Leave At Room Temp?

Decorating By 3wldcts Updated 19 Oct 2009 , 5:51pm by KimAZ

3wldcts Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 4

I made pacifiers out of MMF and need them for cookies for one week from now. Do I refrigerate them, freeze them, or just put them in a covered container? Will they get "sugary" or will they stay ok? Please help.

Also, do I let them dry completely before doing any of the above?

Thanks so much.

cheri

3 replies
kitcae Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 12:29am
post #2 of 4

I've only worked with MMF 3 times and I just put them in a covered container-but I was using them in 4-5 days. Actually the 2nd time they didn't dry as hard as I wanted them to I think because of the lid (also I didn't let them "air dry"). So the last time I left the lid off a little and they seemed to hold up better. Sorry,I don't know about freezing or refrigerating them.

Loucinda Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 1:19pm
post #3 of 4

You need to let them air dry. IMO, I don't use MMF for anything that is 3-D - it doesn't dry firm enough to hold the shapes. (you can add tylose to it or mix it 50/50 with gumpaste and that will help them firm up)

KimAZ Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 4

I use MMF all the time for figures and never have a problem. I let them air dry. I live in Arizona so it's dry here anyway and I never have a problem with things. All the flowers and accent pieces on my Tropical Parrot and Candy Factory cake ( see my gallery photos) were all made with MMF. They were dried hard in two days.

KimAZ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%