Help Please!-Need Ideas To Ice An Angel Food, 3-D Pumpkin

Decorating By Bossy Updated 19 Oct 2009 , 10:27pm by Bossy

Bossy Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 4

Most of my co-workers are on serious diets, so I thought I'd try an angel food, two piece, 3-D pumpkin cake. Any ideas on what would taste & look good as frosting to color it orange and cover the seem where the two parts meet? I was thinking of hollowing out part of the bottom and putting sugar free pudding in as a filling and making the stem out of fruit rolls-ups that they sell at the health food store made from real friut, no sugar added .

Thanksicon_smile.gif

3 replies
brincess_b Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 10:09pm
post #2 of 4

you could go ultra lot fat, and just put in some orange food dye, and have a bit more subtle, naked cake pumpkin.
low fat bc doesnt really exist! (i dont know about things like imbc, maybe they are lower calories?)
i think something like whipped cream would be a good option, although i dont know how that takes colour, and its not great for decorating with....
bound to be something on here about low cal icing, have you tried a search? although i know how hit and miss it can be!
xx

missymayflower Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 4

Try Rich's whip or Bettercreme.

Bossy Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the 2 ideas! I was considering the naked idea, but was worried the seam would look tacky. If I can get to Orlando I can get Bettercream, not avialable here icon_sad.gif.
Does not have to be really low cal as long as I use only a thin layer. Just never tried anything flavor wise with angel food. I've always served it with whipped cream and stawberries. Personally I like it straight out of the pan still warm, mmmm...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%