Is This A New Trend?

Decorating By stampinron Updated 20 Oct 2009 , 1:27am by cylstrial

stampinron  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 7

I'm loving all of Marthas wedding cakes in her magazine. They are from many different periods in time.

I wonder if there are brides out there requesting these?

Here is a link to some thumbnails. The magazine did much more justice than the web link, but here they are.

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/sweet-treasure-cakes?&lpgview=thumb&showComments=true#ms-global-breadcrumbs

6 replies
 -K8memphis  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 7

It's been popular for a few years I think. Maybe not flooding the market popular but I've been seeing 'em for a while.

The people who sell mold making stuff will be very happy if it catches on big huh. And Martha could be the tipping point.

costumeczar  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 7

I think it's like any other cake design article, it might spur some interest, but they'll still be sticking to the swiss dots and piped swirls for the most part icon_sad.gif I get a lot of brides who look at pictures like that, say how much they love the design, then order the swiss dots. icon_mad.gif

Especially when they find out the prices of the fancier cakes!

newmansmom2004  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 7

The cakes are very pretty but that style does nothing for me personally. The CakeGirls seem to think the retro stuff is big but I'm not convinced just yet. icon_wink.gif

cakesdivine  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 12:53pm
post #5 of 7

The sticker shock on these style cakes generally keeps them from becoming a major trend.

-K8memphis  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 2:11pm
post #6 of 7

I think places like our beloved & admired CakeGirls can start their own trends in their areas huh. Across Chicagoland? Oh yeah! Betcha they get the orders for the retro looks & cool jewels they create

cylstrial  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:27am
post #7 of 7

I really liked the white cake with the piped pearl swags with the diamond on top. It was very cute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%