Is This A New Trend?

Decorating By stampinron Updated 20 Oct 2009 , 1:27am by cylstrial

stampinron Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 7

I'm loving all of Marthas wedding cakes in her magazine. They are from many different periods in time.

I wonder if there are brides out there requesting these?

Here is a link to some thumbnails. The magazine did much more justice than the web link, but here they are.

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/sweet-treasure-cakes?&lpgview=thumb&showComments=true#ms-global-breadcrumbs

6 replies
-K8memphis Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 7

It's been popular for a few years I think. Maybe not flooding the market popular but I've been seeing 'em for a while.

The people who sell mold making stuff will be very happy if it catches on big huh. And Martha could be the tipping point.

costumeczar Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 7

I think it's like any other cake design article, it might spur some interest, but they'll still be sticking to the swiss dots and piped swirls for the most part icon_sad.gif I get a lot of brides who look at pictures like that, say how much they love the design, then order the swiss dots. icon_mad.gif

Especially when they find out the prices of the fancier cakes!

newmansmom2004 Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 7

The cakes are very pretty but that style does nothing for me personally. The CakeGirls seem to think the retro stuff is big but I'm not convinced just yet. icon_wink.gif

cakesdivine Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 12:53pm
post #5 of 7

The sticker shock on these style cakes generally keeps them from becoming a major trend.

-K8memphis Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 2:11pm
post #6 of 7

I think places like our beloved & admired CakeGirls can start their own trends in their areas huh. Across Chicagoland? Oh yeah! Betcha they get the orders for the retro looks & cool jewels they create

cylstrial Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:27am
post #7 of 7

I really liked the white cake with the piped pearl swags with the diamond on top. It was very cute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%