Newbie Here

Decorating By PandaBear1 Updated 18 Oct 2009 , 3:21am by lainvest64

PandaBear1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PandaBear1 Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 2:26am
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone and anyone!

As the title says, I'm a newbie. Just signed up. So, I thought I'd say "Hi".

HI!

My name is Amanda but Panda is fine. I'm not only a newbie to this site but also fairly newbie to baking and completely newbie to cake decorating. But I've always thought that it looked like creative fun and so I've decided to give it a try!

Any tips/suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. Like... even a website with the basics would be great. icon_biggrin.gif

Hope to see you all around!

5 replies
Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 2:29am
post #2 of 6

Welcome! You've come to the right place. It's a great community and the knowledge and talent on this website is amazing!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 2:39am
post #3 of 6

Hi and Welcome to CC, PandaBear1. icon_smile.gif

Everything you need to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188.html

Above super thread has popular CC recipes for crusting American buttercreams, several types of fondant and doctored cake mix (WASC and other flavor variations) - and so much more!

HTH

PandaBear1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PandaBear1 Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 2:57am
post #4 of 6

Thank you for the warm welcomes!

And thanks for the link, Jan! I see you were busy gathering tutorials on that thread!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 2:59am
post #5 of 6

You're very welcome, Amanda. icon_smile.gif

lainvest64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainvest64 Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 3:21am
post #6 of 6

Hey Panda...Rylan has a sticky under the cake decorating forum that has tons of
how to, you tube video from crumb coating your cake and decorating to making flowers. You just click on the link you are interested in and it will pull up the video. It is so full of wonderful information for all us newbies!

Welcome to Cake Central. The experienced cake decorators on this site are wonderful about sharing their personal cake decorating information and helping out those of us with no experience. But, trust me....it truely is addictive. I never cease to be amazed at the beautiful cakes posted on here. Truely art!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%