Ruffle Border? How To Do??

Decorating By Tonias_Sweet_Shoppe_09 Updated 17 Oct 2009 , 11:14pm by Tonias_Sweet_Shoppe_09

Tonias_Sweet_Shoppe_09 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 4

Hi! I am making this cake and wondering what tip to use for the ruffle border that is at the bottom of the cake? It looks like a ruffle border with blue fondant balls on the top. Can anyone tell me what tip is used to make the ruffle border? Thanks!!! Tonia

3 replies
dstbni Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 10:53pm
post #2 of 4

It almost looks like individual leaves or petals made with a petal tip (like a 104 or maybe bigger) HTH

pish Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 4

Yep petal tip (104 or larger). You take the tip and with the wide end towards the cake and the narrow away you just squeeze and move is a "zig-zag" motion. I do it all the time and love it! Then the top border is just frosting - probably a 12 tip?

Tonias_Sweet_Shoppe_09 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 11:14pm
post #4 of 4


Quote by @%username% on %date%