Ever Get That Nervous Feeling...

Decorating By whit6 Updated 18 Oct 2009 , 4:34am by Kandy4283

whit6 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 8

...when its been a while since your last cake disaster so you feel like your due for one at any moment? Thats how I feel right now. Im doing two cakes and have a constant nervousness in my stomache! Uggh! Corssing my fingers. icon_confused.gif

7 replies
kickasscakes Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 8

each time I start a new cake, I am nervous..... I can relate.

Deb_ Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 8

Nothing a nice glass of Cabernet won't cure.... icon_razz.gif

cathyscakes Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 10:23pm
post #4 of 8

Its strange how that happens, I had that with my last cake, and it seemed like more things went wrong than usual. In the end its my favorite cake, but I definitely had bad feelings about it.

kickasscakes Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 11:02pm
post #5 of 8

wine, yes..... sounds like a great remedy to the jitters!! icon_smile.gif

jenmat Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 2:01am
post #6 of 8

Ha ha- I do champagne cake sometimes, so I tend to make mimosas....

I have those "on" weeks where everything seems to go right, and then if I have too many "on" weeks I get nervous waiting for my "off" weeks to come. They always do- everything seems to go slower and take longer, and nothing turns out like it should... hang in there!

indydebi Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 4:12am
post #7 of 8

I had 3 wedding cakes this weekend (I was in the van for more than 3 hours doing deliveries!). During the decorating, I kept dropping things ... tips, towels, mixing spoons, one bowl of icing (yeah, THAT pissed me off!). So I kept thinking, "omg, something terrible is going to happen with these deliveries!"

Well, I deliver the 1st two in the same trip (locations were close). I put my cakes on 18x26 baking sheets with no-skids under the cakes to make it easier to carry. As I move one baking sheet in the van so I can pull cake #1 out, I shove the pointy corner into the smack dab middle of one of the layers of cake #2! Crap! It's fixable. Looks like crap to me, but hopefully no one else will think so.

3rd cake is doing fine. I'm placing the top tier (4 tier cake) in place. I've done this a million times. Then it happens: I drop one side of the cake, which damages the lower tier. Crap! (Although I am thanking God it didn't go tumbling across the table!) Fortunately, they had rose petals for the cake which covered up that bad spot JUST fine! icon_rolleyes.gif

I think I've learned to listen to my little voices! icon_biggrin.gif

Kandy4283 Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 4:34am
post #8 of 8

I HATE that feeling! I get that almost everytime! ha thaught i was the only one! icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%