Icing Colors?

Decorating By Bella214 Updated 17 Oct 2009 , 2:48pm by Texas_Rose

Bella214 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 3

I am using Wilton's Gel coloring. I only have red, blue, black, yellow, orange and brown. I do have regular food coloring as well as gel food coloring in the little tubes along with the Wilton gels.

I need two different shades of green to make this dog... (http://www.leapfrog.com/en/families/scout_/my_pals/my_pal_scout.html)

I am using a blues clues pan and just changing the coloring (I know, I know...but I am feeling lazy this year). Can anyone help me make the colors of this dog with the colors I have? I don't have money to go get the coloring I would need and I don't know anyone who might have these colors who live near me either. I need this answer ASAP please :0)

2 replies
Bella214 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 2:21pm
post #2 of 3

No one?

Texas_Rose Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 2:48pm
post #3 of 3

If you were buying colors, the darker green could be done with Wilton's kelly green, and the lighter green with Wilton's leaf green. I don't know if prices are a lot different where you live, but here the icing colors are $1.50 each, so you could get the two shades for $3, and they're both colors you're likely to use a lot, so it wouldn't be a bad investment.

If you have a liquid green color, you could probably make the lighter green by adding 2 parts green and one part yellow, and the darker green by adding 3 parts green and one part blue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%