What To Do?!?!?

Decorating By DawnRenae Updated 28 Oct 2009 , 4:51pm by prterrell

DawnRenae Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 9:00am
post #1 of 7

Hello all you beautiful cake decorators! I apologize in advance if my words are misspelled. I'm typing on the dark. Hope y'all can help with this... My niece's 8th Bday is coming up in a few weeks, she was a Halloween baby. But she is having her party the following weekend. This is what she wants... a 2 or 4 tier cake, with polka dots & stripes. She also wants flowers and ribbons. the Jonas Bothers incorporated in it Oh, and she also wants a few punkins on it. Any suggestion on how I should go about doing this cake? (colors, construction, etc,) Not sure where to st. art Thanks in advance!!!

<3

Dwm icon_eek.gif

6 replies
prterrell Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 11:04am
post #2 of 7

Wow! She doesn't want mutch does she? LOL. Don't have time to sketch something out right now. Will try to get back later. icon_smile.gif

prterrell Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 7

Here is a sketch for you that I did in paint. I managed to incorporate all of the elements that you mentioned! You did not mention colors, so I just picked bright colors as those generally appeal to young girls.

4 round tiers (not sure how many people you need to feed, so what ever size tiers works!).

Bottom tier is purple with pink diagonal stripes (could do pink and yellow stripes).

Next tier is neon green with the words to her favorite Jonas Brothers song written around the tier in purple.

Next tier is purple with pink polka dots (could do pink and yellow)

Top tier is neon green with Happy 8th Birthday (and her name) written around the tier in purple.

Bright orange ribbon around botton of each tier.

A single pink with yellow center 5-petal flower bottom edge of each tier. I did not draw on leaves, but you could add those if you wanted.

Topper is 3 bright orange pumpkins, of different sizes. I would make those out of RKT covered in fondant.

HTH!
LL

sherrycanary62 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 7

Wow!!! great sketch....its awesome

Spuddysmom Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 3:16pm
post #5 of 7

Wow! prterrell, You truly are a forum superstar!! That looks super and so kind of you to take the time and share your talent!

Rylan Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 3:20pm
post #6 of 7

Prterrell, that is so generous of you to do--love the design.

prterrell Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 4:51pm
post #7 of 7

Aww shucks! icon_redface.gif Thanks y'all, I love a challenge. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%