post #1 of 6

Can you tell me what sugarveil is.

5 replies
helsbels Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:03am
post #2 of 6

here is the website I found it helpful!

sandy5491 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:36am
post #3 of 6

Thanks! I didn't know what is was. Now I know. Is it hard to do.

helsbels Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:56am
post #4 of 6

I ordered mine about a month ago and I am going to play with it this weekend just for fun so I'll let you know.

grandmom Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 11:14am
post #5 of 6

I used it last weekend, and no it wasn't hard to do. But it only turns out as good as your piping skills! Mine are not all that, I'm out of practice due to so much fondant and gumpaste craze, plus the older I get the more my hands tremble. Dang it.

Just follow the directions precisely. Two things I did learn the hard way:

1. When they say use powder color for really dark colors, do so. I used a bunch of black Americolor gel, and the mixture became a little too runny and I could not get precise piping.

2. When they say store the set designs for later use, between two fresh sheets of parchment, use parchment. I thought plastic wrap would work as well. The designs stuck to the plastic and while they were not seriously damaged during removal, I had to work very meticulously to free them.

See my spider cake photo for the results. Both the black and white webs are of SugarVeil. I used a #1 tip for the white, and a #1S for the black, refrigerated the black, and it still spread out more than I liked. I had to pipe the birthday message in buttercream later because it just ran all together in SugarVeil. No blame to SugarVeil, they TOLD me to use powder color, I just didn't have any.

I like the product and will use it again. Oh, and I will buy some better quality tips before using it again, PME's Supatubes in the tiny sizes. My tiny Wilton tubes have a seam, and the SV swirled and spun and twisted as it was piped due to the tips' seams. I understand this happens with other icings using tips with seams, so it is not peculiar to SV.

helsbels Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 6:55pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the tips I'm getting ready to mix some up now. If it is not a total disaster maybe I'll post some pics later icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%