Can You Believe This?

Lounge By mbelgard Updated 19 Oct 2009 , 10:30am by costumeczar

mbelgard Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 10:31pm
post #1 of 10

I don't know if anyone else saw this article but I was disgusted by the actions of the JP.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091016/ts_alt_afp/uspoliticsracism_20091016192030

I'm in shock because I can't believe that someone would think they could get away with it.

9 replies
costumeczar Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 10

I love how these guys always start off by saying "I'm not a racist..."

cabecakes Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 12:28am
post #3 of 10

As a white woman whose daughter is married to a black man, and who also has a interracial grandchild, I am appauled. To think that this is a "official" of our justice system is an outrage. Throw him out I say. And I agree... "I'm not a racist" indeed. I don't know what else you can call it. I am proud to have my son-in-law in the family. He treats my daughter like gold. I couldn't ask for better. When will people just open their eyes, and quit being so daggone afraid of what they don't know.

-Tubbs Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 10

That's outrageous!!! thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 6:10pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbsCookies

That's outrageous!!! thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

Extremely. Double thumbsdown.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

maryjsgirl Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 7:26pm
post #6 of 10

Its funny how people like him think as long as they don't use racial slurs or wear a white sheet they are not racist.

I will take a burning cross in my yard and name calling any day over a person in power using that power to oppress me.

Institutional racism.

In March I will be celebrating my tenth (interracial) wedding anniversary. I have friends whose interracial marriages have crumbled. Just like 50% of all American marriages, regardless of racial makeup.

This is definitely the year of the douchebag.

costumeczar Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 8:43pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

This is definitely the year of the douchebag.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

seasonsmoke Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 10:54pm
post #8 of 10

I am white and my husband is from El Salvador. Love is not based on a color. We had a daughter in June and she will learn English and Spanish and be better off for it.

Sweet-Dreams Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 11:03pm
post #9 of 10

In another article, the JP said that he had many black friends and "even let them use my bathroom." icon_rolleyes.gif

WTF? Seriously? What a prick!

costumeczar Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 10:30am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet-Dreams

In another article, the JP said that he had many black friends and "even let them use my bathroom." icon_rolleyes.gif

WTF? Seriously? What a prick!

I am laughing so hard at this...Well, then that PROVES that he isn't a racist! Yeah...right!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%