How Do I...

Decorating By StaceySouth Updated 19 Oct 2009 , 8:37pm by StaceySouth

StaceySouth Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 7

I have to make a camo cake in early November. How in the WORLD do I do it?? It's for a groom's cake.

6 replies
cabecakes Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 7

If it were me, I would see if I could get green, black, tan Wilton spray color and airbrush it. I've used the spray color, and it works well (just make sure you cover tabletop and try to create a canopy over it so you don't get overspray all over everything. I'm speaking from personal experience. Spray goes everywhere. If you have a place outdoors where you can spray this is also a very good idea. Too cold here in Ohio in November LOL.

baycheeks1 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 7

I went to a friends wedding in September and the grooms cake was camo. What it looked like was the fondant on the cake was like a brown color, there were like a cream colored fondant strips that had been pressed into the cake and then it was air brushed.

If you dont have an air brush you could just paint the colors on...I'll post a pic of it
LL

baycheeks1 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 7

The Duck on top was plastic and I'm sure the blades of grass and reeds were gumpaste

Rylan Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 12:22am
post #5 of 7

What medium are you planning to use?

Btw, nice cake Jasmine.

baycheeks1 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 1:16pm
post #6 of 7

Rylan, this is so not my cake...someone else made their cakes...

StaceySouth Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 8:37pm
post #7 of 7

I am planning to use buttercream/fondant.

I love the duck cake! Thanks for posting the pic! Something to start practicing!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%