Strawberry Jam Filling

Baking By manomi Updated 17 Oct 2009 , 8:52am by manomi

manomi Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 8

I am looking for a quick strawberry filling where i can use the strawberry jam as the basic ingredient and then add something to improve the texture and change the taste a little bit. Can't think of that 'something' icon_razz.gif In the end i will add real strawberries ,but can please some one tell me how to enhance the taste and texture of jam?
Thanks a in advance! thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
baycheeks1 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 8

A suggestion I have is to make BC and then add the filling to it. It does well in the cakes, I just make sure I have the seedless kind.

I'm not sure what kind of BC you make, but I make the American version...butter, PS, vanilla and some put shortening...Then I add the strawberry jam to it. It's good, I call it my Strawberry Ice Cream filling...

Deb_ Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 8

Some people mix some of their buttercream or IMBC/SMBC with jam.

Just be careful adding fresh berries they will release a lot of water making your filling very runny.

You can "cook" the berries on the stovetop, add the jam and maybe a little liquor with some cornstarch to thicken it.

manomi Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 8:46pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks a lot icon_smile.gif I will add the buttercream. I also make american buttercream, and then i will add few berried cut in small pieces. That should be okay,right?

Deb_ Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 8

What you can do is cut up the berries and place them on a paper towel for a while to absorb some of their liquid......strawberries are notorious for leaking and you don't want that leakage in your filling.

manomi Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 10:26pm
post #6 of 8

I'll do that, thanks icon_smile.gif

cabecakes Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 10:48pm
post #7 of 8

If you are going to use fresh berries you may want to sprinkle with a little lemon juice to keep their color fresh looking. Berries have a tendency to have the color fade and look gross.

manomi Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 8:52am
post #8 of 8

Thats a great tip! thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%