2Nd Ka Has Burnt Out...need To Know Another Brand To Buy!

Decorating By lutie Updated 17 Oct 2009 , 5:57am by Franluvsfrosting

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 8

Here is the situation...I have burned up 2 KitchenAids in the past 5 years (the 6 quart Professional 6 model )...never have liked the fact that you cannot bend the head back to add ingredients, but that is another story.

What do you use? I am averaging 4 - 5 big cakes a week, but do not want to purchase the big Hobart that is a piece of furniture (my kitchen is too small). As cake professionals, what have you found to be the most reliable, will not burn up, and can be used with making the fondant, etc. without throwing the gears into seizures?

I am going to have to buy one within the next few weeks (my daughter has lent me her KA Professional 6 and it is making the same knocking noises like my other two)... the oil starts leaking and then it starts knocking (that is when I know it is going to blow)... What ever happened to their reliability? The old ones work like a charm!

Lutie

7 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 8

Viking

Mike

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 8

Vikings make me drool. Like shiny pieces of jewelry.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LURVELY

I bought mine as a refurb for 300. It has made everything from a 5# batch of bread dough to cake batter for 6 cuppies. It did have a hiccup once. I blew the internal fuse. I put in 7#s of high gluten bread flour in it. The reair guy couldn't understand why it happened icon_eek.gif LOLOL. It was all covered under warrenty.

Mike

__Jamie__ Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Quote:
Originally Posted by LURVELY

I bought mine as a refurb for 300. It has made everything from a 5# batch of bread dough to cake batter for 6 cuppies. It did have a hiccup once. I blew the internal fuse. I put in 7#s of high gluten bread flour in it. The reair guy couldn't understand why it happened icon_eek.gif LOLOL. It was all covered under warrenty.

Mike

Nice!

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 10:01pm
post #6 of 8
__Jamie__ Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 10:05pm
post #7 of 8

And I would sell my soul for a glass front SubZero.

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 5:57am
post #8 of 8

I have a Bosch Universal that I love. It's got a two piece lid that keeps all the flour and powdered sugar from coating my entire kitchen. I grind my own flour for bread so I am constantly using it for heaving duty kneading and it's never even blinked at me. I've had mine for about 5 years but there are people who've had theirs for 25 years and more without it dying. They have a newer version than the one I have but I've heard good things about it and the capacity is slightly larger. It won't win any beauty contests but I love mine. I do also have a KA Professional but it's my prima donna mixer that is never asked to do the heavy lifting. In fact, at my house my 15 year old daughter is a cookie baking machine and she's already stated she'd like a Bosch for a wedding gift if she doesn't already have one. She has no interest in dating at the moment but she's got her future cake picked out and now the wedding present. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%