Update/question: Royal Icing. .

Decorating By forheavenscake Updated 16 Oct 2009 , 2:49pm by forheavenscake

forheavenscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forheavenscake Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 2:34pm
post #1 of 3

Just in case noone saw my last post on the other thread. .I NEED MORE HELP! LOL Anyway, I just copied and pasted my last post.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I have to say it went fairly well last night with the chocolate transfer. My only issue is that some of the chocolate didn't 'sink' all the way to the bottom so there are a couple (very tiny) air pockets. I am going to do another one tonight just to see which one comes out better.

QUESTION. . .I just left the leftover chocolate in the decorators bags and was going to re-melt them tonight to do the second logo. . .How do I re-melt it. . is it ok to put the bag with the white attatchment in the microwave? The back of the chocolate bag says you can microwave them in the decorator bag so I'm not too worried about that. .but what about the white attachment inside the bag that you screw your tips onto (cause I can't dig that out now. .LOL)

I really hope I don't have to waste all that chocolate and start over.

Thanks! (I know I promised a pic but I didn't finish until 11 pm so I will have one tonight. . I PROMISE!) LOL

2 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 3

The white attachment piece is called a coupler.

They are dishwasher safe, but I'm not sure about microwave safe, I would think as long as you microwaved on 50% power or less that it would most likely be okay.

forheavenscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forheavenscake Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 2:49pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks! That is what I am thinking. .the chocolate is microwaved on 50% power for only about a minute or less, so I can't see that it would cause much damage. . .just wanted to ask just in case. LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%