Freezing Cupcakes Question

Decorating By emhurston Updated 16 Oct 2009 , 5:04pm by vlk

emhurston Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emhurston Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 8

If I freeze cupcakes (undecorated), will they separate from the liners? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ellen

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 12:40pm
post #2 of 8

I freeze mine all the time and I have never had them seperate from the liner.The gold and silver ones may but I use mainly white.HTH!

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 12:50pm
post #3 of 8

I'm curious about this as well. I need to make a large number of them and hve them ready to decorate in about a week and half. Thank you so much for the info on if they will separate.

May I ask another question? For freezing I plan on covering twelve or so in plastic wrap--adding another layer of cupcakes and ( again covering in plastic wrap) and then putting them in an airtight container then into the freezer. Will this keep them fresh for at least a week?

Sorry--don't mean to hijack the thread.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 1:13pm
post #4 of 8

I line mine all up on a large cardboard sheet and then wrap them in saran wrap to freeze.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 1:14pm
post #5 of 8

If you layer them before they're frozen solid, the bottom cupcakes might get crushed. I'd freeze them in single layers first, then stack.
I freeze cupcakes in single layers in doubled zipper bags, and they keep well for weeks.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 2:51pm
post #6 of 8

No, they won't. That's how they come in to all the grocery store bakeries!

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 4:52pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks for the information everyone. I plan on making at least 200 to take to a nonprofit and Halloween parties. I thought I'd get head start on the baking.

vlk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vlk Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 5:04pm
post #8 of 8

I just did a wedding and had to have 200 cupcakes - baked them about 3 weeks ahead of time. (I did 30-40 a night) until I was done. When they came out of the oven I grabbed them, wrapped them each in saran wrap and placed them nicely in zip lock bags. Each bag held 10 cupcakes. Put in the fridge...
The wedding was Saturday, on Friday morning I would grab a bag and open... decorate and TA DA.. it went quick and they were DELICIOUS !!
No one at the wedding even thought that I baked them a month ago !!! and I did not tell them either. LOL

HTH

Vicki

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%