Cake Recipe That Is Both Vegan And Gluten Free

Baking By denetteb Updated 17 Oct 2009 , 7:48am by Elise87

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 1:50am
post #1 of 5

Can anyone help with a recipe for one cake that is both vegan and gluten free that they have tried and liked? I need to make one in Jan to serve 20 as part of a friends wedding cake. The ones I have seen online have such strange (to me) ingredients like zanthum powder that I will have to buy a bunch of things I will never use again just to try various recipes so a tested recipe would be wonderful. A mix would be great! I don't care what flavor. Thanks if you can help.

4 replies
korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 1:55am
post #2 of 5

I think this month's Parents magazine had some gluten free recipes that I'm sure you can make vegan. Let me find my magazine and check.

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 5

Just talked with my friend. It needs to be wheat free and dairy free. Eggs are ok. Denette

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 5

Here is a recipe i found that you might liek to have a look at, it's like a flourless chocolate cake:

http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=784789

It is not one i have personally used but i have used one very similar that did use butter (dairy) and it was so yummy!! However it ends up the consistency of like a firm moussy pudding and is not extrememly high in height (so not like a fluffy cake) but mmmmm so good! lol

Anyway just thought i would pop that in there as an option.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 7:48am
post #5 of 5

oh i just realised we used a margarine in our flourless chocolate cake not butter and you could probably find a dairy free one to use instead (i have seen them).

So if you want my flourless choc cake recipe that doesn't use the orange juice but uses margarine which you can try dairy free, just PM me and i'll try and find it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%