Big Fat "doh" (Says Homer)

Decorating By Horselady Updated 16 Oct 2009 , 10:15pm by cabecakes

Horselady Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 1:01am
post #1 of 10

Idk. I'm an idiot! In 3 years of cake-ing I've never bought or used creme bouquet. Well, that is until I was at my local flower factory who now carries ck products.

So, for years I've heard how great it is and how you can add it to anything!

So I'm making a batch of cookies, and I think I'll add some creme bouquet, just a 1/2 tsp. Didn't bother to smell it and figure out what it is.

Well I'm tasting batter later and I taste citrus!

I'm sure you're asking why this is bad, so here is the funny part........ They are peanut butter cookies! They now have a lime-ish aftertaste! Not good.

9 replies
mkolmar Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 1:24am
post #2 of 10

EWWWWW! PB and citrus.

Deb_ Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 1:39am
post #3 of 10

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ooooops!

pieceacake830 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 1:54am
post #4 of 10

icon_eek.gif Bet that won't happen again! icon_wink.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 4:32am
post #5 of 10

icon_lol.gif Gross...
I'm sure you'll be double checking new flavor extracts for now on! icon_wink.gif

Chasey Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 12:39pm
post #6 of 10

Too funny! I guess you assumed that because every one raved about Creme Bouquet that it was similar to vanilla and must be yummy? I actually looked it up on the net to read what flavors the "bouquet" was after seeing it mentioned so often on cake sites! It does spell out that it contains lemon.

Did you keep eating the cookies? icon_lol.gif

2SchnauzerLady Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 12:44pm
post #7 of 10

Sounds like the combinations my brother used to come up with for sandwiches when we were kids - PB and mustard was his fav! He probably would love those cookies!

grandmom Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 1:35pm
post #8 of 10

A few weeks ago I was playing around with peanut butter filling recipes. I had a nice size batch of leftover Sugarshack buttercream, in which I had used the recommended huge dose of Wedding Bouquet. I added peanut butter to it and OMG - It was HORRIBLE!! The Wedding Bouquet has a pronounced citrusy taste to me, and you're right, peanut butter and citrus just don't mix!

Horselady Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 8:47pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks for the support! Still can't believe I did it, but I'm sure it won't happen again!

cabecakes Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 10:15pm
post #10 of 10

OMG. You poor thing. I sure hope it wasn't a large batch. I usually do a double batch when I'm making cookies at least and freeze some for another day. I'll bet that was horrid.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%