Painting Stamping Cookies Help!

Baking By legina2005 Updated 23 Oct 2009 , 5:27pm by legina2005

legina2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
legina2005 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 12

Here is my problem i love to make cookies!!!!!

My sister wants me to make the cookies for her wedding, she wants thier monograms on them. She would like for me to do this in silver.

How do i do this? I have decorated many cookies but have never painted on cookies. I thought this would be easier.

Has anyone ever used stamps to paint the stamper and stamp the cookie? If so, what am i up against and what kind of paint do i use. I have never done this but I am sure some one has or can give some great advise. My only worry is trying to get most of them to look almost identical and I am very good at painting but I am afraid after doing so many they will look different.

Any other good suggestions! Plus how far in advance can i make these and how do i store them for the best freshness?? Thank You! icon_confused.gif

11 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 11:47am
post #2 of 12

go here they have all the info and products for stamping on cookies and cakes. good luck to you

http://www.sweetstampen.com/

legina2005 Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 12

Thank You!!!!! i will!!!!!!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 1:18am
post #4 of 12

I wish they'd have tutorials on how to do this and what is needed to purchase. I don't understand any of that unmounted and mounted stuff. Is it just me?

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 12

The mounted stamps have a sponge type backing between the wood and the stamp, this is why they are not food safe, that sponge holds bacteria and can cause contamination. So you need to buy the unmounted stamps to stamp on food. Then you pretty much just stamp like you would anything else, they sell uninked pads that are food safe that you just need to add food coloring to, and then just stamp away. Or you can paint the food coloring onto the stamp and stamp that way.

luv2bake6 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:46am
post #6 of 12

thank you for clarifying that for me, i really appreciate it!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:55am
post #7 of 12

You can also buy clear acrylic scrapbooking stamps and a mounting block at the craft store. They're safe to use...you peel them off of their plastic and position them on the block the way that you want them, then when you're done with them just take them off the block and stick them back on their plastic.

To do silver, I think Americolor's silver airbrush paint would work well. You could put it on the stamp with a paintbrush. I think an inkpad might absorb the silver part of the paint.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:59am
post #8 of 12

Great thread! Thanks for sharing!

luv2bake6 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:02am
post #9 of 12

thanks!

cdavis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdavis Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:10am
post #10 of 12

I would make a stencil out of a shortening lid and then use silver luster dust mixed with vodka to paint on top the stencil. Each cookie will look just alike.

luv2bake6 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 9:13pm
post #11 of 12

Great idea, thanks

legina2005 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 5:27pm
post #12 of 12

Oh my gosh Cdavis!!!! that is a great idea! Thanks to everyone for the help, I too didn't understand why a wood mounted stamp wouldn't work thank you for clearing this up for me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%