Personal Touch?

Decorating By d3sc3n7 Updated 15 Oct 2009 , 10:41pm by LaBellaFlor

d3sc3n7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
d3sc3n7 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone else leave a personal touch on their cakes? I put, albeit small, my signed initials on mine. Little and out of the way, but I still do it...almost like a artist and a painting.

Am I the only one?

8 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 9

good idea and you are an artist so why not if you want to, I think that would really make it special

d3sc3n7 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 9

Ok well good...glad to hear at least one person agrees with the idea...heh

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 9

Some people do, do that. Sylvia Weinstock does it. She puts a gumpaste plaque with her signature & signature glasses on it somewhere hidding in the cake. I think when done tastefully, it's fine. I also might ask permission to do it on a wedding cake.

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Some people do, do that. Sylvia Weinstock does it. She puts a gumpaste plaque with her signature & signature glasses on it somewhere hidding in the cake. I think when done tastefully, it's fine. I also might ask permission to do it on a wedding cake.

I have a gum paste plaque on all my cakes....its a small oval, and it has my signature logo stamped on it.....goes on all my cakes. My logo is also stamped on my boxes as well.

beescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beescakes Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 9:55pm
post #6 of 9

I put a small fondant bee on all my cakes. Sometimes I have to hide it behind flower petals, but it is always there...

d3sc3n7 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 9:56pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Oh yes, a wedding cake I agree fully. That type of cake is something alot more "special" than say a kids birthday cake, or a over the hill cake for example.

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 10:27pm
post #8 of 9

I LOVE this idea! I should start doing it now. thumbs_up.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 10:41pm
post #9 of 9

I think it looks classy when done right. it's not soemthing I could do, cause I really don't have an emblem. My business name looks like it's under frosting...if that makes sense. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%