Tiger/zebra 3D

Decorating By Bluebelles Updated 16 Oct 2009 , 2:12am by wildwolves

Bluebelles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluebelles Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 5

Oops, I accidentally posted this under cookies, so here I go again. icon_redface.gif As a newbie, I would love to know how to make a 3D fondant/gum paste zebra, and tiger, to put on top of cupcakes. I can't find any tutorials for these two jungle animals. I see so many amazing 3D fondant/gum paste 3D animals posted in the gallery, and would love any suggestions on how to make animal figures. Books? videos?I am open to any and all suggestions. Thank you in advance for all you help.

4 replies
CBMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CBMom Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 12:12am
post #2 of 5

I have no idea... but I'll give you a little lift to the top for some more helpicon_smile.gif

Actually, I do have an idea...have you looked at PlayDough, or family craft sites? Who knows? There might be something! LOL

Good luck!

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 12:27am
post #3 of 5

Their is a book called PARTY ANIMAL CAKES by: Lindy Smith it has instructions for cup cakes that has a fondant Tiger head on cup cakes. Very cool cup cakes.

Molly

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 12:39am
post #4 of 5

You can also PM the cc'ers who made the ones you like. They can be very helpful. There are tutorials on here - but I have trouble finding them with the new format. Someone will come along and direct you to the right link!

wildwolves Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildwolves Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 2:12am
post #5 of 5

I have not made a tiger but i made a zebra for my sons 1st birthday and this method worked well for me..
I make the head, arms and legs all seperate and let them dry a little with spaghetti noodles sticking out of them. Then i make the body stick the the head arms and legs in and secure with cake decorators glue. you can use that same technique for the tiger too..
Not sure if that will work for cupcakes as my zebra would be a little big as a cupcake topper..
Hope that gives you some ideas anyway icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%