Mini Square Baking Pans

Decorating By kaddikakes Updated 15 Oct 2009 , 4:38pm by nonnyscakes

kaddikakes Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 10

Does anyone know where I can get "mini" square baking pans? I want to make individual cakes for my husband's employees for Christmas. I will take any ideas.

9 replies
nonnyscakes Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 10

What size do you consider mini? 4" 3" 2"
Have you considered baking a sheet cake and cutting it with the square cutters?

KHalstead Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 10

I bought a silicone petit four pan (holds 24 little squares that are about 2"x2" I think) I bought it at A.C. Moore (craft store), it's made my wilton

here's a photo

http://s2.thisnext.com/media/230x230/Wilton-Easy-Flex-B-S-24-Cav_0F5B158C.jpg

nonnyscakes Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I bought a silicone petit four pan (holds 24 little squares that are about 2"x2" I think) I bought it at A.C. Moore (craft store), it's made my wilton

here's a photo

http://s2.thisnext.com/media/230x230/Wilton-Easy-Flex-B-S-24-Cav_0F5B158C.jpg

I bought one of those thinking it would be awesome... I was disappointed. Does your's work out for you? Even though it is silicone and with spraying, mine still stick and mound funny.

jardot22 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 10

I actually saw one like this at Walmart recently. They were like 3 inch squares, made by Wilton. Dark non-stick material. I saw them in the cake decorating section. I wanted to get it, but those mini cakes look so time consuming!

nonnyscakes Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 4:07pm
post #6 of 10

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/mini.aspx?T=1&ShopId=38&CatId=536&SubCatId=986 has a 4 cavity (2" cakes) and a 2 cavity (3" cakes) for $4.95 each

KHalstead Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 4:13pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lees_luv

I bought one of those thinking it would be awesome... I was disappointed. Does your's work out for you? Even though it is silicone and with spraying, mine still stick and mound funny.

You know, I've NEVER used it to tell you the truth. It was one of those times I had a 50% off coupon and it was something I thought I was going to use to make treats for missionaries at my kids' school and I wound up being so busy with cake orders I missed out on making them and it's just been sitting in a cupboard. Although, when I bought it I envisioned using it to paint a coating of chocolate in it and then slip in a chunk of cake (sheet cake cut into pieces just smaller than the squares in the pan) and pop it in the freezer and out comes a perfectlly coated petit four. Never did try it, so can't say if it would work or not.

nonnyscakes Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 4:34pm
post #8 of 10

Dang... I like that idea.... I might just try that one day!

nonnyscakes Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 4:38pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:

I looked at buying one of those pans from global, but just couldn't justify the price to use it only a couple of times.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%