Wilton Instructor? I'm Frustrated.

Decorating By ShelleyMJ Updated 15 Oct 2009 , 2:50pm by ShelleyMJ

ShelleyMJ Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 12:30pm
post #1 of 10

I signed up for course II. It started last Thursday. I was unable to attend due to my Grandson's H1N1 and my daughter getting married.

I have called this instructor 3 times and she doesn't return calls.

I called the store and the store manager even tried to call her with no results. I just want to know what I need for class this week.

I am seriously thinking about checking into starting this class at a future date.

GRRRRR

Honestly, it takes just a couple minutes to return a call. She is the same instructor I had for course I.

I am done ranting.....Thanks for listening.

9 replies
Loucinda Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 12:55pm
post #2 of 10

You will need to take royal frosting - pink, yellow, purple and green (I don't have my book right here) You will be making primroses, apple blossoms, violets and violet leaves if I remember correctly. Take extra bags and your course 2 kit (with the tips from course 1 too - you need some of those, but again, I don't have my books right here to tell you the exact ones you will use)

Wax paper squares
something to carry the flowers home in (I suggest a disposable 9x13 aluminum pan with a plastic lid)
flower nail
flower formers (in your kit)

I think that is about it.....I am sure some other instructors will pop in if I forget something! I am sorry you are having so much trouble, maybe she is having some issues as well with her family?

ShelleyMJ Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 10

Thank you, Lucinda. I appreciate your help.

I don't mean to sound insensitive. I realize she has a family too. I am just frustrated! Please forgive me!

Thank you, again!

makincakeintx Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:16pm
post #4 of 10

Sorry to hear of your issues both with the flu and your instructor. Here is what I would suggest, go to the store and talk to the manager and see if you can get you course book at this point you can at least read the getting ready for class 2 and you will have a list of what others will be bringing. Also if she does return your call you will be able to follow along in the book as she gives directions.

You will need the color flow made also from your kit and the patterns from the workbook taped on a cake board and covered with wax paper.

I am an instructor and always give the student the choice to step into the course at lesson 2 or come next month to start at lesson 1.

Good luck. This is my fav course and the reason I became interested in caking.

Mel,

ShelleyMJ Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:25pm
post #5 of 10

Thank you Mel.

I think I will call the store and get in on the class next month. I live 35 miles from the class site and I don't have my kit or course book yet.

minicuppie Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:32pm
post #6 of 10

I hate to play catch up...plus I am pretty much all thumbs and hot hands. I like your idea to get as much of a refund as you can and practice with the books you do have. OBTW...I had to return that turntable that tilts to Wilton (no receipt for HL and my hubs paid full price). I was able to get a sheet cake pan...a regular turntable and a DVD of icing flower construction. The DVD seems to cover a lot of different flowers. I highly suggest it for those taking the classes. Wilton sure did right by me!

makincakeintx Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:34pm
post #7 of 10

ShelleyMJ that sounds like the best move at this point. It really is much easier if you are there for the first class.
Good luck and enjoy. If I can ever help just ask.

Mel,

pattigunter Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:38pm
post #8 of 10

If you have a local Hobby lobby they usually have those course books for sale in the cake aisle. I would just go pick up the course 2 book - it will tell you what you need.

Loucinda Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:57pm
post #9 of 10

ShellyMJ - (see I did forget about the colorflow) I think I would try again next month - if you are not used to making or working with colorflow or royal icing, they are different than buttercream - and you would have missed out on that info.

ShelleyMJ Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 2:50pm
post #10 of 10

Thank you all for the input.

I have never worked with Color Flow. I have, however, dabbled with Royal Icing.

I contacted the Hobby Lobby Manager. He was very kind to reschedule me for the next class in December.

All is well that ends well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%