Discount Economy Cakes

Business By jhuntl01 Updated 15 Oct 2009 , 3:35pm by MikeRowesHunny

jhuntl01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhuntl01 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 2:32am
post #1 of 5

So I was looking at indydebi's website today and noticed the "budget friendly" wedding cakes. I got to thinking and here in Michigan unemployment is at an all time high and money is tight everywhere. I was thinking of doing something like that. I was wondering though...how many of you do lower cost cookie cutter cakes? How do you do with them...in other words do you get many orders like that?

4 replies
littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 6:31am
post #2 of 5

i did them for a very short while, and was able to pay cash to re roof my house.
i did a 10/8/6 for 125.00

it had to be a design i could whip out in an hour.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 8:33am
post #3 of 5

I have sold 1 for next year (to a couple who don't seem really that bothered by the cake aspect of their wedding), everyone else has wanted to pay for the cake of their dreams - fine by me! icon_wink.gif!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 12:39pm
post #4 of 5

Same as MikeRowesHunny (jovibabe, why did you change it?...LOL)

I offer 4 basic designs, choc or van only, white BC 6/8/10 for $99. I can whip these babies out in about 45 minutes. But I have only sold 1 since I began offering them, If they want to change anything other than the color then they have a custom cake and pay my normal prices. Most want that dream cake. Well I guess I could say that I sold 2, one couple only wanted the 6/10 and I didn't come down on the price, but everything else was "stock".

There is a catering company that is going to add my $99 cakes to their package deal. They give me the design, color and flavor choice and they pay me when they order. Payment in full is due when the order is placed, and the wedding must be at least 3 months out to qualify for that price. And the if the catering companies client wants something other they book a consult with me. The catering company is purchasing sampling kits from me for tastings.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

Same as MikeRowesHunny (jovibabe, why did you change it?...LOL)

A change is a good as a rest, right lol! Besides, I spend far more time lusting over Mike these days!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%