Guitar Strings

Decorating By topaz176 Updated 16 Oct 2009 , 11:18am by Rylan

topaz176 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 2:00am
post #1 of 7

I am going to make a guitar cake.
I would like the strings to be edible and at the same time straight.

Any ideas ???????

6 replies
diane706 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 2:12am
post #2 of 7

maybe thin spaghetti noodles airbrushed silver or gold.
BTW, where are you in the Caribbean? I lived in St. Croix for about 6 years. Just moved back to the states a couple of years ago.

cakesrock Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 2:19am
post #3 of 7

I'm doing one soon too and I was considering gumpaste (not too tasty) but you could eat the rest of the cake. You could also use fondant rolled thin...

sweetcakes Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 7

i pipe mine with tip 1 and royal icing. I lay a long 36" square 1/4" dowel down. the key to piping long straight lines it to lift the piping bag high so you can control where you place to string of icing. also position yourself so you can rest your body up against the edge of the kitchen counter so you can slide along smoothly to help guide the icing. after each string is piped, carefully move the dowel over about 1/4". takes practice but its totally edible.

ninatat Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 11:22pm
post #5 of 7

how about the veil stuff i can't remember the name and someone posted how to make it either on here or witon

grandmom Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 9:57am
post #6 of 7

I just watched an old cake challenge show from back before Duff had his own show. They were making Elvis cakes, so several had guitars. One decorator used long thin uncooked spaghetti, painted silver then coated with something to make them shiny. I missed what that shiny stuff was, but someone on here uses corn syrup mixed with something to make a hard shiny coating.

Rylan Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 11:18am
post #7 of 7

You can use angel hair--not really something you would eat but it is edible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%