How Long Does A Cake Stay Fresh?

Decorating By kimbordeaux Updated 14 Oct 2009 , 10:24pm by goddessa12

kimbordeaux Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 3

I have a cake order for Sunday. It is a WASC, topsy-turvy. I'm still kinda a newbie at this so I like to give myself some time. I'm baking cakes now. Is that too soon? I don't want the cakes to get old or stale before Sunday afternoon. My plan was to bake them tonight and probably some of tomorrow. When each cake is baked I will wrap them in Saran wrap and place them in my fridge. Tomorrow or Friday I will start carving cakes then buttercream them. Saturday I plan to cover cake stacks in fondant and add accents. Sunday I will stack and add finishing accents. Is this plan good or am I starting too soon? Already started baking cakes. I want cake to not only look good but taste great also. My hope is that keeping them in the fridge will prevent them from getting bad.

2 replies
tonedna Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 10:23pm
post #2 of 3

As long as they are covered in Saran wrap really well they are good. As soon as you take them out of the
fridge cover them with buttercream and that will seal the moisture in. You will be ok.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

goddessa12 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 10:24pm
post #3 of 3

It's better to keep them on the counter, the fridge actually makes bread things go stale faster. At least thats been my experience/

Quote by @%username% on %date%