Geez, What A Day

Business By leah_s Updated 14 Oct 2009 , 11:05pm by littlecake

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 9

I took cold meds last night because I was too stuffed up to breathe and sleep at the same time, and now today i find myself standing in front of the mixer wondering, "Did I put the sugar in there?" Looked in the recycle bin, yep there's an empty sugar bag, so it must have gone in the mixer bowl.

"Crap! Who set the oven to 360? It's supposed to be 310." Oh that must have been me.

OTOH, I just had a wonderful consultation for a wedding happening on 10.30.09 , yes 16 days from now. It seems their "cake lady" flaked out and I'm paid in full.

8 replies
Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 9

Don't you just hate having colds - especially when it interfers with your sleep!!

Have some spiced tea and curl up on the couch and rest!! Rest did me more good than anything - (well I did take the Zpac so I'm sure I had some internal help!).

Here's hoping you feel better soon!

Suze

floral1210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floral1210 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 9

That goes to prove the Yin and Yan of life...every bad has a good! Glad to hear the wedding cake is paid in full! AND.........you should be in tip top shape by the 30th!

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 9

So sorry you aren't feeling well. Talk about being in the twilight zone! LOL Good for you on the last minute order paid in full! WTG! icon_biggrin.gif Hope you feel better fast.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 9:29pm
post #5 of 9

Ahhh, poor Leah_s. Colds are the worst! That pressure in the head just makes it hard to focus. Medicines don't work as well anymore either since they removed that one drug from them. Can't think of the name.

BUT at least you got a paid in full order! That's gotta make you feel better. icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 9

Hope you feel better! Congrats on the wedding cake paid in full!

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 9:32pm
post #7 of 9

pseudoephedrine is what's out. You can get it from behind the counter though (at least here you can!). You have to sign for so they know you're not getting too much and making meth...but that's another story!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 9:35pm
post #8 of 9

Ha,ha,ha. I knew it was the drug that makes meth, but Nyquil is just not the same!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 11:05pm
post #9 of 9

mega doses of vitamin c!

after i turned 50....that is every day for me, i'm really having to pay close attention to everything i do....grrrr...i used to be sharp as a tack!

feel better!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%