Need Ideas On A Flyer

Business By FH_Cakes Updated 16 Oct 2009 , 11:35am by cylstrial

FH_Cakes Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:50am
post #1 of 9

I have a great opportunity to pass out flyers to all the kids (for the parents) in the preschool my son attends. I am donating (4) cakes during the year for different events, and in turn I get free advertising and word of mouth to all the parents. The school administrator has asked me to make a flyer but I have no idea where to start. Should I put some pics of my work on the flyer? Or just some basic info with my website so they can go check it out for themselves??? Please help!

8 replies
Lenette Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 2:00am
post #2 of 9

I suggest definitely doing pictures. Make sure your website/contact info is there.

The pics will catch their eye. Most people won't read a bunch of wording so keep it brief and to the point. Can you staple a biz card to the flyer so they can keep that and not have to try and keep up with the whole paper?

Hope this generates some good business for you! icon_smile.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 5:16am
post #3 of 9

How about just passing out business cards, instead of flyers.

CakeDiva73 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 5:25am
post #4 of 9

I've also decided to take the plunge with a flyer this year. My biggest advice is LOTS OF PICTURES! They will speak so much more then the text. It has taken me hours upon hours of prep, photographing, editing and composing to get the flyer together but as I look at it, it's not as complicated as I made it, lol.

Business name & logo
Then I made one side for Halloween/Thanksgiving and the other for Christmas, added aline at top to check website for new items available (in case I decide to add more stuff)

Then I took good pics, situated to the left - pricing on the right. I did this for everything from bouquets to the individuals, caramel apples, etc.

The long story short was lots of decent sized pictures with simple, easy to read text prices. Then linked to website/phone number for more info, if possible.

Good luck and congrats on your advertising opportunity!!

cylstrial Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 9:09pm
post #6 of 9

I forgot to add that you should start on page 1. There are several brochures that people have made up.

IsaSW Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 4:16pm
post #7 of 9

Yes pictures!!!!!! Colorful pictures!!!!!!

Annso Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 10:52pm
post #8 of 9

I agree with IsaSW. And i can testify to it too. when i started the launch of my buiness a few months ago, i decided to start out with flyers, i placed some of my photos on it and went to differnt buisness places to put them up, i also had those number slips that they could tear of the flyers and before the week was up all my slips were gone!!

cylstrial Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 11:35am
post #9 of 9

Unfortunately, the OP hasn't been notified that people are posting on her thread.

Quote by @%username% on %date%