Liquid Color For Icing

Decorating By jemini1 Updated 15 Oct 2009 , 10:20pm by jemini1

jemini1 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:22am
post #1 of 4

my instructor recommended red and black liquid color for icing to get a true color without having to use a ton and no bitter taste. i have looked high and low and cannot find any! i've checked local stores and even online and no one seems to have it. (even my instructor's shop is out and says it is almost impossible to keep in stock) does anyone know where to get it? thanks. icon_confused.gif

3 replies
JanH Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 2:10am
post #2 of 4

Americolor is a squeezable gel that dispenses "drops" of color:


prterrell Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 2:20am
post #3 of 4

Liquid food color? icon_confused.gif Your icing would be a pale watery mess! Gel pastes are the ONLY way to go. I personally use Americolor, but CK and Chefmaster are good brands, too.

jemini1 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 10:20pm
post #4 of 4

thanks so much--this info is verrrrrrry helpful. i've seen the americolor, etc. on different sites, but was confused by the word gel instead of liquid. i knew someone on this site would know! appreciate it. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%