Request For "yummy Filling" Surprise! Help!

Decorating By sweetartbakery Updated 14 Oct 2009 , 1:50am by sillywabbitz

sweetartbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetartbakery Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 12:55am
post #1 of 6

I have an order for a cool 3D cake. I am told to use my imagination and "be creative with the theme (monkey and banana). Flavor: something with yummy filling!".
I harassed them just to get that much info. I know they are getting annoyed at all the questions, which are just standard things. So what does "yummy filling mean". I don't like chocolate, but most people think its "yummy". If I do fruit, what if people don't like it. I feel like just plain butter cream isn't "yummy" enough. Ugh. give me freedom with design not filling! ideas? what one person loves, another hates

5 replies
emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:08am
post #2 of 6

What's the cake flavor? If it's monkey and banana, you could do peanut butter filling with banana cake, or banana pudding pilling and peanut butter cake (with chocolate ganache maybe? Yum!), or homemade caramel filling, or praline, or coconut. Or since it's Fall, a pumpkin cheesecake filling. Or a maple almond, or maple white chocolate. There's a great thread on here, if you search for "Help! Gourmet Flavors" or even search for Macsmom or bobwonderbuns, both of them have a google doc with all sorts of great ideas in their signature lines.

Good luck!!! Hope you have a blast!!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:19am
post #3 of 6

maybe you should just ask.......what fillings do you hate??

sweetartbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetartbakery Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:23am
post #4 of 6

emiyeric, ha. thats exactly it. all the you mention sound good. then I ask myself. what if someone is allergic to peanuts, bananas, etc. what if the client doesn't like chocolate (like myself). ugh. I've asked 3 separate times for flavors. I can't even get a cake flavor out of them. that would at least narrow it down. I feel like if I push for an answer one more time that i'll loose the cake and it should be a cool one. I love 3D carving. maybe i'll do one neutral cake and one with something funky. I've been working on a pumpkin flavor with cinnamon cream cheese frosting. does that sound like something a mass crowd might like?? who knows.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:34am
post #5 of 6

i LOVE the pumpkin idea! if they don't like it its their own fault...just make what you love!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:50am
post #6 of 6

I did a cake tasting with a friend and they did a banana cake with this amazing cinnamin buttercream. It was too die for..I could have eaten the entire cake. I always think banana cake makes sense for brunch because it's like banana bread.
If you want chocolate but "yummier" maybe do a hazelnut chocolate or the chocolate orange which is a huge hit when I make it. It's choclate so you won't offend anyone but it's got a little extra to it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%