Canadian Cake Decorators

Decorating By babycakes73 Updated 17 Oct 2009 , 11:20pm by laurs_1981

babycakes73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babycakes73 Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 18

I wanted to let you know I found a great on-line cake decorating supply distributor, that carries Satin Ice as well as Fondarific fondants.
I have ordererd from them twice and found them to be great to deal with.
They are called "Cake Mischief"
and run out of Beaumont. Alberta. They answered any questions I had and I got my shippment quite quickly, though I live in Red Deer ,Alberta which is not too far from Beaumont. The shipping was reasonable.
Its great to finally have someone IN Canada close at hand that carries Satin Ice.
Just thought I would pass along this info. thumbs_up.gif

17 replies
AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 18

Thank you! This is good to know, since I have to order in everything up here!

Ren29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ren29 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:54pm
post #3 of 18

thank you thumbs_up.gif ....the only place close to me is McCalls(toronto) and they do not carry Satin Ice only there house blend which is good
thanks agian icon_biggrin.gif

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 18

Thanks! I usually buy my cake decorating stuff from Golda's kitchen, but I find they don't have a huge variety. I will definitely check this place out!

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 18

Hi Ren29

Go to Golda's Kitchen, just west of McCalls in Toronto

The have Satin Ice, Fondarific and Choco-Pan

www.goldaskitchen.com

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 2:12pm
post #6 of 18

Golda's kitchen just started carrying a whole bunch of new things for cake decorating, including different types of fondant like Diane said. I've never had any problems with them whatsoever. There is also a place in Barrie that has started carrying cake supplies, but I haven't used them yet.

itscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itscake Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 2:21pm
post #7 of 18

There are two places that I found that are based in Toronto...have not tried them yet...but plan too... LM Baker supply (416-665-3005) they are on Steels Ave. West.. & Home pro bakers...they can also be found online..

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 2:26pm
post #8 of 18

Thanks for posting this. I go to Camrose a few times a year...seems to me Beaumont isn't to far from there.

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 2:28pm
post #9 of 18

I have ordered from Golda's as well they are excellent to deal with..very fast shipping!..i haven't even tried ordering fondant though..i can imagine the shipping cost to sent it out here to BC!

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 2:30pm
post #10 of 18

Home Pro Bakers is the online ordering site of L & M

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 3:27pm
post #11 of 18

For anyone in the Calgary area, PM Hobbycraft on 32nd Ave NE also now carries Satin Ice in 2 and 5lb tubs, in a variety of colours.

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 3:37pm
post #12 of 18

The Cakery Cafe in Grande Prairie, Alberta is also a distributor for Satin Ice Fondant. Their website is www.cakerycafe.com

Their prices aren't listed online but she gets back to people very quickly if you drop her an email.

babycakes73 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 6:30pm
post #13 of 18

Yes I called the one in Grande Praire, they never had any white Satin Ice at the time and she never knew when it would come in again since she had to order it from New York (I believe) So I happened to come across Cake Mischief, they are not a bakery just an on-line cake supplier and they have quite a few things and it never took long for my dark chocolate fondant to come back into stock when they were out. However I never knew of the place in Clagary either.
Good to see we have few choices anyways.

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 6:40pm
post #14 of 18

I only order from Golda's.
I just got my new shipment of choco-pan and fondarific today.
Can't wait to start using it.
25lbs of fondant!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

babycakes73 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 6:43pm
post #15 of 18

I just went to the PM hobbycraft website to checkout their satin ice prices.
I must say I paid less for my 5 lb white satin ice with "cake mischief" then what hobbycraft is charging, even when I added on the shipping charges.
Oh ya, cake mischief is also on facebook, if your a geek like me.LOL

CakesHeaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesHeaven Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 6:45pm
post #16 of 18

I have ordered a few times from Cake Mischief and they are wonderful. I live close by there and she lets me pick it up so I save on the shipping charges to. It's usually ready the next day.
Glad to hear that there are other places in Canada too, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the post.

babycakes73 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 6:52pm
post #17 of 18

what exactly is choc-pan, sounds interesting. Do you use it like fondant or for modeling?

laurs_1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurs_1981 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 11:20pm
post #18 of 18

curious...i'm in northern ontario...anyone know of any suppliers "relatively" close?...or is toronto going to be the closest...shipping is what gets me when you're this far....if not, i think i'll just wait til my next trip to the states.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%