My First Stacked Cake Was A Success - Thanks To You All

Decorating By malarky Updated 13 Oct 2009 , 8:36pm by snocilla

malarky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malarky Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 4

I've been 'lurking' around these forums for awhile, and I want to come out of the shadows to thank all of you. Last weekend I accomplished my first stacked cake - a 4 tier. I'm a pastry chef, but I have had little experience with stacked cakes. I opened my own small pastry business early this year. I've been avoiding stacked/wedding cakes because I lacked experience and have not had the time to practice. Finally, after turning down many requests, I decided to dive in. It went very well - only because of the invaluable advice I gathered from everyone. It is amazing and honorable that you all freely share business tips - this is not common in other industries.

Thank You!

3 replies
SimplyIced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIced Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 4

Congratulations!!! What system did you end up using?? I just ordered the SPS yesterday to have on hand. I've never done it either and I'm dying to try icon_smile.gif

malarky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malarky Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 4

I did use the SPS. It seemed like a no-brainer after reading all of the comments about it. I was too scared about everything to take any chances! It was completely stable, just like everyone said.

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:36pm
post #4 of 4

do you have a pic? We would love to see it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%