Stupid Wilton White Liners

Baking By Kitagrl Updated 19 Oct 2009 , 1:11am by LacyHogan

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 8

I never have too much problem with the Wilton decorated liners but the white ones...ARGHHH! They are WAY too wide for a regular cupcake holder! I have to pinch and push to get them even semi flat...I'm double lining today, white inside and pattered outside so hopefully the outside will hide the awful pleats on the white ones. *Sigh*

7 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:15pm
post #2 of 8

I agree that the white ones are always a lot wider for some reason. They don't want to sit down in the cupcake pan nicely. I just make them!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 8

That's strange...I just finished working my way through 10 packs that I bought on sale for a quarter a pack last year (strange to think that I have made 750 cupcakes in the last year but I guess I have). Anyhow, they fit the pans perfectly for me.

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 12:38am
post #4 of 8

I haven't used the standard size white liners, but I do know that the mini ones fit only one of my six mini pans. Funny thing is, they don't fit the Wilton mini muffin pans.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 12:47am
post #5 of 8

I had a pack of white from a grocery store and a pack of Wilton white, and the grocery store ones fit SO much better. The Wilton ones seemed way too spread out and my cupcake tins are fairly upright. They don't look so hot, hopefully icing will cover most of it up.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 12:55pm
post #6 of 8

It's funny though because I have never had any trouble with any other liner from Wilton. For instance, the red, blue, and yellow package fit perfectly!

And ultimately, my white liners turn out fine. Once I've dropped the cake batter into the liner and pan, the liner pulls back in and the cupcakes turn out great.

SaucyFraggle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaucyFraggle Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 8:44pm
post #7 of 8

Oh man, I just had that problem last night! Pretty goofy that the white Wilton liners don't fit in either one of my Wilton pans. They kept popping in, but luckily most of them popped back out and didn't look too bad. Whew.

LacyHogan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LacyHogan Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 1:11am
post #8 of 8

I don't buy paper liners because the grease from baking seeps through them. I much prefer greaseproof liners. I quit buying Wilton liners a while back. Maybe they don't have good quality control, who knows! Sorry to hear about your trouble but at least it is only that one color from Wilton!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%