Bowling Ball And Bowling Pin Cakes

Decorating By grandmom Updated 28 Nov 2016 , 5:28pm by caken4fun

grandmom Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 3

Good grief... a friend asked me to make a grooms cake for her daughter's wedding in April 2010. At least I have plenty of notice, and I really will be happy to make it for her. The groom's family is in the bowling alley business, so she wants a bowling ball and bowling pin cake, she says to serve 15. Well, it will have to serve however many it serves, because I intend to use a ball pan and a bowling pin pan.

I have figured out from looking around that depending on the age of the ball pan set, the pan may come with a slightly flattened side or you may have to trim a flat spot on the cake to make it stable. Not a problem.

My question is about the old Wilton's bowling pin pan set, several of which are available on ebay and other online sites. The set has two halves of a bowling pin, and I presume one just sticks the halves together with icing.

To anyone who may have made the bowling pin cake: Will the bowling pin cake stand upright, or is it to be laid down horizontally?

TIA.

2 replies
grandmom Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 9:22pm
post #2 of 3

Never mind... I found a couple of photos in the gallery with the bowling pin standing upright, and a bunch with it lying down. I want to stand mine up, so obviously it can be done.

Thanks anyway.

caken4fun Posted 28 Nov 2016 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 3

Hi, did you do yours standing? If so how did you go about it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%