Baking Monday...to Serve Saturday?

Decorating By BlondiezBakery Updated 12 Oct 2009 , 11:43pm by Jeff_Arnett

BlondiezBakery Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 4

Do you think I am ok to bake my cakes tonight, refrigerate them until tomorrow...then get the buttercream and fondant on them by tomorrow night?

I have the feeling this will totally be ok, but don't want to cause a healthy hazard.

3 replies
vdrsolo Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 4

I personally, would not wait that long unless you are planning on freezing the cakes. Refrigeration will dry them out. If you bake them tonight, wrap well in plastic wrap (I normally use 2 layers, then a layer of foil), you can wait until Thursday to pull them out and start on them.

For Saturday weddings, I normally bake ahead & freeze. Pull them out on Thursday, leave them wrapped while thawing. I then fill and crumb coat. Let them settle overnight. On Friday, I then decorate.

BlondiezBakery Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 10:30pm
post #3 of 4

Good call, perhaps I will go ahead and freeze until Thursday. I have to work around some scheduling conflicts this week, and trying to figure out how to make it all work.

Thanks!

Jeff_Arnett Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 11:43pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondiezBakery

Good call, perhaps I will go ahead and freeze until Thursday. I have to work around some scheduling conflicts this week, and trying to figure out how to make it all work.

Thanks!

Definitely freeze them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%