Red Velvet Version Of Wasc??

Baking By sugarjunky Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 3:41am by rosiecast

sugarjunky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarjunky Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, I am new to cake decorating and have tried the WASC a couple times and loved it. I have made the regular and lemon versions. Both, were excellent! I have not made the chocolate version, but was wondering if anyone had ever tried this recipe with DH Red Velvet cake mix? I was thinking of following the recipe for the chocolate version of WASC, but instead using DH RV mixes (since RV does have a little cocoa in it). Does this sound like a really strange idea? I just love the texture of the WASC and would love to make a RV like that.

Thanks so much.

6 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 2:47am
post #2 of 7
sugarjunky Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 9:02am
post #3 of 7

Thanks JanH I appreciate the link. I will try that version. I am planning to make a 2 tiered cake for a Halloween party. I would rather go with one that is tried and true than experiment for the occasion. icon_smile.gif

JanH Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 7

Blakescakes posted this recipe to the CC recipe section at my request, since I grew weary of posting it over and over again in response to other members' requests...

I've used this recipe with great success, but use whatever you feel comfortable with.

sugarjunky Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 10:05am
post #5 of 7

JanH, I believe that my wording might have been misunderstood. Maybe not, but, just in case... I will clarify. What I meant was that I was going to try the recipe that you suggested (Blakescakes) as it was "tried and true" by you rather than experiment with the WASC recipe. Thanks again for the tip. icon_smile.gif

JanH Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 6:23am
post #6 of 7

sugarjunky, it's all good. icon_smile.gif

Both Rebecca Sutterby's and kakeladi's WASC cake recipes made with RVC (or any other flavor) mix are tried and true.

I was just directing you to Blakescakes recipe because it contains buttermilk (as does a scratch RVC).

HTH

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 3:41am
post #7 of 7

JanH- or anyone else. Have you tried this recipe in cupcakes?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%