Cuisinart 7 Qt Vs. Kitchen Aid 6 Qt

Decorating By CALI_GIRL_CAKES Updated 12 Oct 2009 , 9:24pm by CALI_GIRL_CAKES

CALI_GIRL_CAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CALI_GIRL_CAKES Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 4

I am torn, my DH said he would buy me a new stand mixer for my b-day later this week. Yeah for me, but, which mixer is better?? I currently have the 4.5 K.A. and love it, but she is old...So, if given the choice, which would you choose? (they are the same exact price)

TIA

3 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 4

Kitchen aids are junk get a Viking.

Mike

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 4

Oooh, Mike! Tell us how you really feel! icon_wink.gif

I have both mixers, and they have plusses and minuses on each end. I like the Kitchenaid 6qt for most things, but I like the pouring shield better on the Cuisinart for making powdered sugar icing, since it blocks the sugar cloud better than the Kitchenaid. The bowl on the Kitchenaid is easier to handle, IMO. The Cuisinart bowl is taller, and deeper as a result, so it's harder to scrape the bottom if you have a full load of batter. People say that the stronger motor on the Cuisinart is better if you make a lot of breads, and since the bowl capacity is a little bigger that might be something to take into account for rising breads.

CALI_GIRL_CAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CALI_GIRL_CAKES Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 9:24pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you costumeczar...this is what I looking for, someone who has used both. Mike I would love to have the Viking, but not just yet... icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%