Ideas On An Oil Rig Cake

Decorating By Krystal99 Updated 12 Oct 2009 , 4:42am by madgeowens

Krystal99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krystal99 Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 4:21am
post #1 of 2

Ok, so I just joined this site. Im an amateur cake decorator, haven't posted pics on this site, but my website is (edited for content - naughty cake photos).. question is I have someone that wants me to make them an oil rig cake. I was thinking of making a 12x12 square cake for bottom and the rig is what im kinda worried about. Stacking small pieces of cake on top is not something Ive done before. Am I gonna have to turn into a carpenter and get technical. would just a dowel thru the whole thing be enough.? Also the bottom part I was thinking of decorating it with grass and maybe a lake,trees.....Any ideas please?

1 reply
madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 4:42am
post #2 of 2

the oil rig, the part that is high should be made from something other than cake...look at some photos...its kind of match stick looking, for lack of better description...so cake would not work for that part....well I would not try it any way, maybe you are better than I....I would use painted spaghetti or skewers painted with black food coloring....thats what comes to my mind...hope you get lots of other ideas...welcome to cake central icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%