Cake Pan "cutters"

Decorating By amysebastian Updated 12 Oct 2009 , 4:01am by Texas_Rose

amysebastian Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 11:49pm
post #1 of 5

I was recently watching a cake decorating show and I am very interested in something I saw - They baked a large sheet cake and then used what appeared to be cake pans with no bottoms to cut out the number of rounds they needed - any ideas where I can find those? I only have a regular oven and baking several rounds is a pain - this would save a TON of time!

4 replies
snarkybaker Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 5

They are called cake rings and I know you can get them at beware they are more expensive than most cake pans because they are stainlees steel and most cake pans are regular ol aluminum.

dandelion Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 12:00am
post #3 of 5

I think you are talking about cake rings.
They come in all kinds of sizes.

Rylan Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 3:50am
post #4 of 5

Also check out

I've seen many closing bakeries sell those for a really cheap price.

Texas_Rose Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 4:01am
post #5 of 5

You'd want to figure out what the biggest sheet you could fit in your oven was, though, before you decided to invest. I just have a regular oven and I can fit a 10", 8" and 6" in there at the same time, all on the top shelf. Also, you'd end up with a lot of waste from the pieces between the rounds you cut.

Quote by @%username% on %date%