Another Bridal Show Question-Prize Drawing

Business By Lenette Updated 14 Oct 2009 , 6:48pm by froglover

Lenette Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 5

Do ya'll do these at your booth? I was thinking they have to give me an email addy. What items do you offer?

Discounts, free groom's cake?

Also, they are having door prizes so I was going to do one but can't think of a good one that won't put me in a bind. Any suggestions?

4 replies
buttercuppie Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 5

I just did a show this Monday and gave away a $100 gift certificate...I didn't to a percentage b/c if the order is lets say...$100, then it's only $10 off...but if it's $2,'s $200 off...BIG difference. was a very big show and I got over 300 email addresses so the $100 was worth it for me.

indydebi Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 5

whenever I'm asked to donate a door prize, I give a 5 or 6 cookie arrangement. costs me next to nothing and the brides think it's pretty special. Plus it's already done .... meaning I think it's better than a certificate because they take it with them at the show and I don't have to worry about some free order coming in down the road. with my luck it would come in on a super busy weekend!

Is the show supplying a bridal register to the vendors after the show? If so, I wouldn't be too worried about getting their emails at the booth. If not, then definitely have some kind of sign up with email mandatory.

If I were giving a gift certificate, I'd look at my average dollar value of wedding cake invoices and let that help me determine it. For example, 2008's avg wedding cake invoice was $375. 2009's avg wedding cake invoice is $435. So a 10% off certificate will cost me under $50, as compared to a $100 definite discount. (And it's not actually COSTING me fifty bucks, ya know! icon_rolleyes.gif )

On catering, my avg invoice is about $3500. Would I give away $350 in discounts to get a $3000 booking? Would I give away $200 to get a $1800 booking? Bet your patooty I would!

korkyo Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 3:34am
post #4 of 5

I did a show recently. Donations for door prizes was optional so I skipped it. Before I had done the drawing thing and and found it frustrating to have 200+ entries that had no interest in scheduling a consultation done. + I hate cold calling.

this last time I put out a sign up sheet that clearly said "if you would like a free consultaton, please sign below" I got 50 strong leads. I'm pretty pleased with the way that went. icon_smile.gif I think I'll stick to that again next time.

froglover Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 5

The only Bridal show we've done we did a drawing for a % off wedding cake order. We drew a name called the lady she sounded super excited but never showed to order it. We got lots of leads off of the show when people signed up for drawing at no cost because she never picked up her prize.
p.s. we think the lady really wasn't getting married just at show for fun of it since it is held at the mall.

Quote by @%username% on %date%