Chocolate Strawberries That Look Like Roses Pic Pease?

Decorating By three_sets_of_twins Updated 18 Oct 2009 , 2:12am by adree313

three_sets_of_twins Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 22

ive heard about these and have spent the last hour trying to find an image but notjing! Does anyone have a pic of these? Theyre dipped in white and pink chocolate to make a petal effect. Im dying to see what they look like and try to make them! A tutorial would be great too. Thank you!

21 replies
KHalstead Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 22

Here is a photo of some, haven't found any directions yet though!!
LL

three_sets_of_twins Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 2:05pm
post #3 of 22

thank u so much for the picture!!

three_sets_of_twins Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 9:31am
post #4 of 22

huh?!?!?!??!

. "a hardened, meltable candy coating over a portion of said strawberry including the apex of said strawberry opposite said stem end, said coating comprising partially overlapping layers of said candy forming partially overlapped candy shells, the boundary line between the overlap of said shells running diagonally across said strawberry, said shells being positioned and colored, in combination with a remaining uncoated portion of said strawberry at said strawberry's pith and, to be sufficient to impart a folded, petal-like appearance to said strawberry, and further, in combination, with said wrapped skewer, to simulate a long-stemmed rose bud.

The simulated long-stemmed rose bud of claim 1 wherein at least one of said candy shells has a boundary line disposed at roughly 30 degrees to a common axis of said strawberry and said skewer. "

ok is it just me or does no one else understand this?

JGMB Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 10:22am
post #5 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by three_sets_of_twins

huh?!?!?!??!

. "a hardened, meltable candy coating over a portion of said strawberry including the apex of said strawberry opposite said stem end, said coating comprising partially overlapping layers of said candy forming partially overlapped candy shells, the boundary line between the overlap of said shells running diagonally across said strawberry, said shells being positioned and colored, in combination with a remaining uncoated portion of said strawberry at said strawberry's pith and, to be sufficient to impart a folded, petal-like appearance to said strawberry, and further, in combination, with said wrapped skewer, to simulate a long-stemmed rose bud.

The simulated long-stemmed rose bud of claim 1 wherein at least one of said candy shells has a boundary line disposed at roughly 30 degrees to a common axis of said strawberry and said skewer. "

LOL!! Well, what I get from that is to use candy melts. Start with the pointy part of the berry, then do diagonal stripes around the berry, overlapping as you go so that it builds up as petals would. (I assume you'd have to let each stripe set before you applied the next one?) You should then insert a wrapped skewer at a 30 degree angle.

jennbrownrigg Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 10:59am
post #6 of 22
Quote:

huh?!?!?!??!

I don't get it either...AT ALL...but these are beautiful and I'd love to figure it out too!

three_sets_of_twins Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 3:32pm
post #7 of 22

Im assuming you get two bowls of melted chocolate (and im guessing this from the pic not the instructions!) white, and pink. dip the strawberry to the top in the white, let is set, then dip in the pink to a point about a cm or so beneath the white, so you dont cover all the white. let set. Then repeat with the white, but dont cover the pink, etc.
I think if you dipped the strawberry at an angle and changed the direction of the angle each time it might give a nicer effect?

And thanks everyone phew glad im not alone! Man who wrote that!

floral1210 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 3:45pm
post #8 of 22

To me, the ones in the photo just look like they were dipped, then later swirled again and again to build up a coating of varying thickness. Maybe drizzled with a spoon round and round to add to the levels.

Cupcakeluv24 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 3:49pm
post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennbrownrigg

Quote:

huh?!?!?!??!

I don't get it either...AT ALL...but these are beautiful and I'd love to figure it out too!

English please?! lol They are really neat looking.

Charmed Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 4:17pm
post #10 of 22

where did you find this text/directions?!

Quote:

huh?!?!?!??!

KHalstead Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 4:36pm
post #11 of 22

you know what I LOVE about that bouquet?? Not only the strawberries, but did you notice the little pansies actually look like they're made of chocolate too. Those are so cool!

ASimpleBaker Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 4:46pm
post #12 of 22

That comes from a patent application. Someone is trying to patent their idea of making chocolate covered strawberries that look like rose buds. How can someone patent that? Interesting...... icon_confused.gif

nesweetcake Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 4:57pm
post #13 of 22

OK, yes English please. Sounds like an attorney or engineer wrote it. No offense to the engineers or attorneys, I just have a hard time sifering/siffting though all the complicated lino. Anyone with a simple step by step instruction....I would appreciate also. Thanks for posting. I love these!

etr2002 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 5:05pm
post #14 of 22

I'm an attorney and I don't understand those directions, so it must have been written by an engineer!

nesweetcake Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 6:44pm
post #15 of 22

etr2002, glad to know you don't understand either. By the way, once we figure out how to do these, what do we charge?????

ASimpleBaker Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 7:15pm
post #16 of 22

No isntructions but I found another picture under someones blog who made them. It is here:http://bartblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/strawberry-rose-baby-breath.jpg

princess.gif

cupcakemkr Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 7:34pm
post #17 of 22

I imagine that it would be dipped and then let set up for a moment - dipat an angle and swirl it over to wrap the drizzling ribbon around toward the tip - shift the "rose" around a bit so there is an overlap of petals - then repeat moving toward the bottom in 3-4 sections

three_sets_of_twins Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 10:35pm
post #18 of 22

simple baker thanks for another great photo!
In the single color ones im assuming they were dipped, then maybe the chocolate was swirled on with a squeezie bottle thing?

Kandy4283 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 10:55pm
post #19 of 22

these are amazing! very very pretty and a cute idea! i bet they are easier than we think! and i was thinking the same thing with the squeeze bottle technique....its worth a shot, and my bf loves choc dipped strawberries, so if it doesn't work out, i bet he would be ok to just eat them lol! thanks for the pics and info on this idea!

prterrell Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 2:04am
post #20 of 22

Okay, call me crazy, but those don't look lilke rose buds to me. They look like shiney red piles of, well, not roses. Honestly, not trying to dog on anyone here, I just don't see the attraction. icon_confused.gif

three_sets_of_twins Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 5:53am
post #21 of 22

prtrell, actually Im totally with you. Im not at all crazy about the plain ones, and when I make these I am only planning on making the 2 colored ones.
But im going to try the method where I dip in white, set, dip in pink, set...

and those instructions were from this weird patent thing online. They were all I could find lol.

adree313 Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 2:12am
post #22 of 22

i think they're neat but i also think it would be veeeery important to get a perfectly shaped strawberry. too short and squatty and you get what prterrell was hinting at. but longer, thiner ones would be very pretty. i think they'd be fairly easy. cool!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%